So we had some "bad weather" this week - like 2 inches of ice with snow on top. It was a mess. My family is so fortunate. We lost power for 3 hours - at bedtime. Nick was dealing with a spewing toilet and teaching the boys about "courtesy flushes," and the lights went out. So we had a bit of an adventure cleaning up, lighting the fireplace, and sticking all 3 boys in one bed with our Labrador. The heat was back on before midnight and the kids were none the wiser.
the roads still sucked a bit this morning, and after hearing that it was an hour plus drive in, I opted to work from home. I am not a cardiac surgeon. I work in IT. I can do just about everything from home - between the laptop, the blackberry and the ip phone, I'm good. I still hate missing work and the kids were torturing me.
Today, I think all three of them crowded in one room and said - what can we do to piss mom off today? Oh, we can have our neighbor friends come ring the doorbell all day to upset the dogs. We can go outside and try to reenact the Christmas Story by knocking off every icicle they could reach - or swing a sweatshirt at. Then Mighty comes in and says "oh Mommy, I am so happy to see you" and all is forgiven. Then there is dinner. Which went well, until the boys sprayed water all over the kitchen while doing the dishes and Nick made them clean the entire kitchen as punishment. Meanwhile, Mighty put his Megazord in "jail" - the tv cabinet in my room - and he said "this is jail - it has a sign on it that says bad Megazord Power Rangers jail, right Mama?"
The tv watching is a tad repetitive - every day this week we have watched Monsters Inc, Toy Story 1, Toy Story 2, Wall-E and a variety of Power Ranger DVDs (luckily Mighty has about 15 to pick from). I can't wait for the quiet solitude of my office and my beloved ipod. I think Pixar should use Mighty as part of their next screening audience.
So school is already canceled for tomorrow. I am going to work. Nick is staying home - he clearly lost the coin toss. That means Sunday will be the sixth consecutive day for them to be in the house. The boys are already on each other's nerves on day three. If you don't hear from me over the weekend, please send bail money.
Blogged with the Flock Browser





No comments:
Post a Comment