this evening I took the boys to the mall. "the boys" refers to Monkeys 1 and 2 because for the last 9+ years have been "the boys" and I don't see that changing. we rocked out to the 80's rock in the car - they now think I am cool. we went to hot topic and got tee shirts - mine says "I heart boys who sparkle." I felt unsafe after it got dark. There were these freakin punks loitering all over the place - some random teenager called the oldest "a dork" in Hot Topic and I about decked him. Then we're headed down the sidewalk and some jackass yells at Monkey 2 "Heelys are cool" and he and his gang of dweebs with shiteous hair laughed. I kept walking for fear I might bitch slap him and get hauled off by mall cops only to leave my children alone. so we actually drove to the other end of the mall to get to the bookstore because it was so unnerving. call me nervous nelly, but that crap on SVU really happens.
yesterday, someone came to my office for a meeting and said that Edward Cullen will be at the Saturday Morning Meeting tomorrow (see sparkle shirt) and I almost peed - really - that excited. so we started the meeting and ten minutes in I said "I'm sorry, I am still back on Edward Cullen being at the Saturday Morning Meeting this week." that didn't do wonders for my credibility - but you know me, ces't la vie.
speaking of my team - remember the rock stars I talk about all the time - we won Team of the Year at our Year Beginning Meeting. It is the highest honor and the played "hey there, you're a rockstar (aka Allstar)" for us when we walked up on stage and I loved it! :)
A few more tidbits. My parents came over today - the first time I have seen them since Valentine's Day. It is the price I pay for being honest and protecting myself and my family. I am willing to pay the price as what I was doing before did not work. not at all.
Wow - random blog - like me. I thought about organizing it all into nice neat little posts and it didn't feel true to me. So I am leaving it as random as I am.
Hugs and Kisses to all of you,
-bean
Blogged with the Flock Browser





No comments:
Post a Comment