Friday, May 09, 2008

Doing Nothing

I am working on a scrapbook for a co-worker who is retiring this month. It's really neat! It is writings from people he worked with - what they learned etc. I am stunned by the respones. People are spilling their guts about this quiet, humble man who probably has no idea of what he has meant to all of us.

It made me pull out The House at Pooh Corner to re-read the end of the book when Christopher Robin leaves to go do Nothing - but Nothing is Something. "It means just going along listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering."

So maybe doing nothing is just a place we all visit once and awhile in our busy lives where things are calm and quiet and we just are. I think I have been there and I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment