Saturday, June 14, 2008

Do you remember?

Today, Nick's friend is getting married. They were ruffians who got in to all kinds of trouble during high school and college. There are many stories that haven't heard yet - I hope to learn about Jimmy surfing tonight - Jimmy being the vehicle and surfing involving standing on top.

Weddings tend to make me nostalgic...
When did we get married?
January 22, 2005

What time?
2pm - I think

Who was there?
Bill, Donna, Matt, Lacie, Nathan, Alan, James, Jake, Zack and Nick and I. (and Mark by default)

What kind of decorations?
Poinsettias - they were left over from the church's Christmas decorations

Where?
St. Vincent de Paul

Why there?
Because I really wanted to get married in the Catholic Church. Nick was in the process of converting to Catholicism at the time, so we did not do a full Mass.


What did the kids think?
It was great - of course - Jakob sang like an angel


Readings?
Love is patient... love is kind... Matt cried while doing the reading

Flowers?
hand tied red roses that matched lacie's dress. she had white flowers


My dress?
Something white and fluffy from David's Bridal that was $200 and I got it altered for $75 at Lethal Lure by a nice lady. :) I got a veil there too.


Jewelry?
I got a tiara and earrings at Claire's

Hair?
Robert did my hair up and pretty


Pictures?
the photographer was late. He did a great job when he got there. Terrell Rohrbach photography. I only ordered a few pictures due to the expense. I still feel like he has my pictures hostage because I couldn't get them digitally nor afford all the prints. :(


Lacie's dress?
A cute red dress she wore in Mandy's dress a few weeks before mine :)

Music?
One Bread One Body - I don't remember the other songs I chose

Unity Candle?
nope

Reception?
nope - dinner at Johnny Carino's

Total wedding budget?
$800 - I stayed on budget

Honeymoon?
In June 2007, we went to Sedona, AZ and had a wonderful week


What most people don't know?
I didn't wear shoes. I bought cute flat ballet slippers and they made my feet feel hot. So I didn't wear them. I was barefoot and pregnant!

Favorite Part?
The betrothal letters we wrote to each other before the wedding. It's a way of capturing all of the things that made you want to get married - what you loved about the person before you got married - and be able to look back on them. :)

Maybe I should have kept a wedding program. :)

2 comments:

  1. I share your hatred of lurkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, that's a great wedding look-back! fun! :)

    ReplyDelete