Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Today I was late for work...

I normally hit the office around 07:00, today I had a "meetin' 'cross town" at 8, so I left home at 7:30 and got stuck in traffic for 30 minutes because 3 people collided at I and 14th. GRRR

I did have fun listening to Mighty:
Front End Loader Mama!
I put my window down?
Go FAST Mama!
I need a napkeen for my blanket
My elbow is sticky
Apple bottum jeans, boots wit the fur
I do it - I push red button

In case you didn't follow.
1. We sat in front of construction and saw moving equipment.
2.Then he put his peanut butter and jelly sandwich on his lap so he could
3. Put down his window and wave his hands in the air (like you don't care)
4. Then he realized there was jelly on his blanket to clean up (wipe)
5. He finished his sandwich and found peanut butter on his elbow (another wipe)
6. Then he sang
7. Then we got to daycare and he insisted on pushing the button on his seat belt to free himself

then I had to regretfully leave him in the hands of girls who make like $8 an hour and change too frequently. I pouted on the way to work like I do every morning. At five after 8, I darted into my meeting and was "on" for the day knowing that spending the day at home with my children would melt my brain and it would run out of my ears!

(p.s. in August we get to move to the daycare where he has been on the waiting list for a year and a half - we are so freakin' excited)

1 comment:

  1. i used to HATE drop-off!!! thankfully we switched and i got to be the "pick-up" hero! of course, now, they're so old, they don't care! :)

    ReplyDelete