Monday, July 21, 2008

Once again...

My tell-the-truth to my friends philosophy created more drama, so one less friend on Facebook. Somehow I am over it...

Here is the Dialog:
ME:
I am confused. you couldn't afford to go to XXXXX do with me this weekend but you can afford to go to XXXXX? how is that right?

(we signed up for a vacation and I paid for half up front - someone backed out and still owes me deposit money and I lost money in the deal - argh.)

THEY:
Thanks for the friendly message Betsy. I received this trip as a surprise gift last week for being done with grad school. XXXXX had financial obligations that I couldnt afford considering the purchases Ive made in the past two months. XXXXX has no obligations for me. Have a good day.

ME:
I forgot that it is all about you. XXXXX, you have been so absorbed in your world and your drama lately that you don't care. why pretend?

(so while going through the mama drama, I called her from the ER, and she texted back from class. then nothing. i thought a friend might be there for me, call - not so much, I did get a text a few days later)

THEY:
Lately??..I havent even really talked to or seen you all summer.Ive signed up to scrapbook, asked if you wanted to have lunch, invited you to my house that Ive lived in now for three months.... I dont know what you mean by pretend and Im sorry that you are having such a bad day. Obviously, there needs to be someone else to take your frustration out on because Im not that person. If you knew me at all, you would know that its never all about XXXXX. Chill out, its really not that serious...

(while mom was in the hospital I decided to stay home from scrapbooking as I didn't feel like being around anyone - my bad)

I actually had a relatively good day.
My frustration is all with her, so that is where I directed it. You break it, you bought it. :) that's what I say.

4 comments:

  1. oh the drama! that is just awful .. so she "unfriended" you on FB? how good of a friend was/is this? is it worth salvaging the relationship? people are so strange. hope it gets better and you continue to feel peaceful about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, she "unfriended" me. She adds drama to my life. I guess I don't appreciate drama like I used to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kick her to the curb! She's not a friend. She got busted and she knows it and now she's grasping at straws to justify her inappropriate behavior. She ought to thank God that she didn't have the month you just had.

    So sorry! I really wonder what the heck people are thinking sometimes.
    Just another reason why the hermit lifestyle is looking better and better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. still curbside... I am still amused that I was unfriended on Facebook! The drama!

    ReplyDelete