Saturday, August 16, 2008

The power of one...

I am very excited about my personal get healthy campaign. It is now Day 4 of South Beach.

I have resisted the following temptations this week:
Hubby's Fried Rice - his feelings are still hurt
M's brownies at work - not just any brownies, they have candy bars inside of them
Gusano's Pizza Dip - a tasty concoction served with Frito's scoops
Vending machines goodies - like peanut m&m's

Monday, I will let you know how I am doing and if I am starting to shed pounds. Since I have committed to my diet, everyone around me is as well. So at work there is a weight loss challenge. I am so excited that everyone wants to get healthier! Last count, there were 12 people ready to go! Monday is weigh-in day. GO TEAM!!!

Speaking of the power of one... did you watch the swimming events last night?
  • Michael Phelps and his wingspan the size of Rhode Island were impressive. I was stunned.
  • The male swimmer who cried was not doing a "man-cry" - he was blubbering when he got out of the pool. I wanted to tell him to put his big boy pants on and save the crying for later. (I know... insensitive Bean, but seriously, gymnasts cry like that, not swimmers)
  • I thought the 41 year old, Torres, who won the semi-finals was just awesome. First, because she's 41 and kicks butt and also because she is a nice person. Big kudos to a girl helpin' a girl out during a wardrobe malfunction! She gets my vote for Miss Congeniality!
Well, I am going to go play with paper, scissors and glue until the Coozer wakes up. He probably has some adventure planned for today that I haven't learned about yet!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment