My brief run-in with football has been interesting. It's not fun yet. We are still accumulating crap. Bringing me to #1 - a woman involved in the process somewhere to make a list of all of the crap we first-timers have to buy and what freakin' color it needs to be. Seriously. How damn hard is that? Four or five shopping trips could have been saved, thus improving my carbon footprint, if I knew what to buy the first time. Now I need to go find black frickin' socks.
#2 - some sense of time and reality. whomever decided 6:00 is a great time for practice doesn't have a wife that works. Even working until 5, we can't get our kids home, fed and to practice on time, so now hubs is working 6-4 so he can leave work early enough to do the kid shuffle and eat.
#3 - somewhere to practice that is not a retention pond. I get it, we're cheap. Yada yada yada. But really, the empty retention pond at a local elementary that is far from centrally located? What is the plan when it rains and the pond is used for - uh - water retention and drainage? This should be interesting.
So those are Bean's observations from her first week of football practice. The Goblin is doing rather well since he is slender and they put him on Defense. He appears to be over the fear of hitting, still a little weary of getting hit, but coach says he's doing well for his 2nd day of football. I'll let you know how it goes.
I can't wait to stand on the sidelines at a game and yell for him to knock some punk down. That's how we roll here in the South. I think maybe GothamAdGirl might be able to remind me of all of those cheers that would be appropriate. Though I can't herkie anymore, I can still yell "Sack that Quarterback - clap clap clap - Attack!" If I only I had a partner I could turn to and say "Hit It!"
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment