Saturday, August 23, 2008

Uncharted Territory

I am a girly girl who dreamed of having girly girls - ballet, tap dance, nail polish, Barbies, I was ready. God had another plan. Three boys later, I can take a hint. No girls for me!

My 9yo, Goblin 2, has signed up for football. Not only signed up, but is fully committed... and so is my debit card.

Tryouts were Thursday... Yes, he is wearing a pink t-shirt that says Tough Guys wear pink. He picked it out and I wasn't even there!



I went shopping for football pants - not realizing the complicated understructures. I just toddled into Academy Sports and went looking around the clothing department. There was much more to it. When my husband said "cup" - I mentally checked out. I told him he could take the boy shopping for that. So I picked out some girdle thing, a really neat mouthguard (fashion meets function) and something else that I can't remember.

Today we found out that Goblin is on "The Ravens" and needs black football pants... so I typed the address for Athletic Village in the GPS and began the journey. I so wished a man was there to help me, but just me hoping strangers in OKC would help me. They confused me, but were helpful. I scored all-in-one black game pants and grey practice pants.

Meanwhile, Goblin 2 was fitted for his equipment and bought a cup with his Dad's help. PHEW!

I have decided not to focus on all that could go wrong, instead I am focusing on all of the events I will have to scrapbook: first practice, first game, first broken bone, first concussion. The possibilities are endless!

Hugs and Kisses!

1 comment:

  1. hilarious! am dreading even the THOUGHT of puberty with the boys.

    ReplyDelete