Monday, September 01, 2008

I have a dog that hates Petco

Meet Cricket. He is a chi-terrier. He's a bit of a Nervous Nelly. On Saturday, I took him to the vet to have his dewclaw bandages changed and then to Petco as a reward. See, the picky little dog refuses all treats except the chocolate chip cookie treats at the Petco treat bar. Getting the dog in the cart was an adventure... he did that cat-like thing where he extended his entire body to keep his back feet from entering the cart. This is him after he finally got in the cart.

We went quickly through the store, he refused a treat and growled at the cashier. On the way to the car, he leaped out of the cart and ran across the parking lot. I think he was telling me to get the hell out of there. Once we got home, he was fine and ate the damn treats we made a special trip for. I learned my lesson. My dog is anti-social. A little bit like me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment