Blogged with the Flock Browser
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Rage against the messy room
This morning, the eldest said "I need $5 for a recorder" - I said don't you have one - "yeah, but I can't find it." I forked over $5 and decided to cut my losses. Fast forward to an hour ago when I was trying to get my middle child's crap together for football. What started as me looking for the string that ties the crotch shut, ended with me purging their room via trash bag. There was laundry everywhere - the 3yo filled a hamper with it. I threw away anything paper - pokemon, uno cards, baseball cards, don't care. I found my Playstation Portable buried under a bunch of crap - so I keep it now. The most annoying trash was the hidden candy bar wrappers. So the room is pretty clean now and I can vaccum in there today. And I found the damn recorder in the bottom of their closet in a sack full of junk! Guess who owes me $5 now!! What to do when they get home? Charge them for my time to clean their room - that didn't work last time. Take out the tv? That didn't work last time. Suspend their allowance? that didn't work last time. Yell and scream? that accomplishes nothing. Tell them I am disappointed? that didn't work last time. I am out of ideas - please leave advice...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment