My old food doesn't sound, look or taste good anymore. I have reprogrammed my taste buds! can you believe it? Me, the french fries and nacho cheese queen - not interested.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to eat all kinds of crap food under the guise of "Hispanic Culture Day" at work and wanting to support my people. There were a dozen Hispanic food vendors in the auditorium with burritos, tortillas, nacho cheese dip (one of my favorites), mexican candies, cookies, condensed milk in a squeeze bottle (that is wrong! you can't make it that accessible) and rice pudding. I grabbed a container of rice pudding and ate about a 1/4 cup of it then tossed it. Nothing else looked good to me. Normally I would have been the gal wanting more cheese than chips in her nachos! Instead I looked at each display and said "crap. crap. crap. looks nasty. crap. time to go."
Then we had a cupcake decorating contest. My stomach felt like I had eaten lead instead of rice pudding.
I won in the Best Looking category. I made the kitty cupcake and the one above it with the purple and pink stuff and the ghost on top.

The far left column is the Ugliest category and the middle column is Most Creative.
I tried the frosting - hated it. gagged on it. Then I grabbed an unfrosted cupcake. Ate two or three bites. Again, didn't like it. So I munched on a whole grain bagel without cream cheese and found that to be much more tasty.
I think this is good news. My carbaholic days may be behind me. I look at food differently at the grocery store. I see everything as bad white stuff or empty. I rarely spend time in the center of the grocery store unless it's to grab more brown rice and whole wheat pasta. My family is eating differently and I know they will be healthier for it as well.
So if you are out there wondering about taking that leap, go for it! I'll help you! I had a lot of cheerleaders helping me through those first few weeks!
Blogged with the Flock Browser





No comments:
Post a Comment